Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spotlight Sunday...Paul



Now I'll introduce you to Paul, the ruler of the house. Or at least he likes to believe. Men are easy to introduce so this shouldn't take long.

Beginnings: Paul was born and raised in Las Vegas also. He has two brothers and one sister. His parents live in Oklahoma so we don't get to see them very often. He went to Rose Warren ES, Garside MS, and Bonanza HS.

Work:Paul was a bricklayer for over ten years until the profession ruined his back and he had to switch.After two back surgeries he became an electrician and is now co-owner of the company he works for, American Southwest Electric. HIs company does commercial work and he's had the grand luxury of working in Moapa, Laughlin, and Sandy Valley besides Las Vegas and Henderson. Their company is now completing the electrical work on the new park behind Heckethorn ES and the new library on Buffalo. It's cool for me since I get to view the plans and see what's taking place.

Hobbies: Paul's favorite thing to do is hunt. Doesn't matter what he's hunting for. Just give him a rifle and he's happy. He gets to go deer hunting two to three times a year (depending on when I let him) and is going bear hunting at the end of May. Tanner goes with him once a year which is a good son/father thingy thing to do.

Favorites: Paul's favorite place to travel to is Disneyland. It's his absolute ideal vacation and we have to be there when it opens and stay until it closes.We go at least once a year. He gets more excited about seeing Mickey and the gang than his kids do. He also enjoys camping and takes the older kids once a year to Cave Lake to fish and camp.

Other tidbits: Paul wasn't raised in the church, yet is our biggest supporter when it comes to church activities. He always wants to know what Camyrn learned in primary every Sunday and is a big stickler about Tanner going to seminary and scouts. Paul has attended all of the blessings and baptisms for our kids and is always encouraging them to be the example. I know in my heart that one day Paul will see the church the same way that I do, but for now I'm content with the life we lead and the family that we've become.

Lastly:One of Paul's greatest accomplishments, besides his children and marrying me, is building our swimming pool. He contracted out what needed to be done. We saved lots of money doing it this way and our pool was built in 31 days. He's out at his pool daily cleaning it or fiddling with it. I'm proud to say that I married a great man!

7 comments:

Melissa D. said...

It's so nice getting to know little things about you and your family. I love your spotlight idea!

Heidi said...

What a great man you have!! You know my hubby is the same way...doesn't care what he is doing, as long as he has a gun in his hand!! =)

tiffunny said...

Loving the spotlight sundays! I can tell you have a great man from this post!!

laurie Carlson said...

YES....YOU DO HAVE A GOOD MAN KRIS. WE ALL LOVE PAUL!! BY THE WAY...DO YOU EVER COOK ANY OF THE MEAT PAUL BRINGS HOME FROM HUNTING??

Kris said...

Laur, ummm no. I don't eat deer meat. Nor quail, bear, or any other type of animal he wants to store in the freezer. Next time you come down you can take some home. hint..hint..

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

Hey Girlie!!!!! I was so excited to hear from you! I have thought about you lots and wondered how you were doing. Now I can keep in touch with ya. Love your spotlight idea and your family has grown a little bit since I saw ya last! The kiddos are cutie pies. I'm puttin you guys in my faves right now!!!!!

april said...

Yeaaa Kris I'm so glad you found me and I'm glad you have a blog. What a fun family you have.