Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spotlight Sunday...All About Kris



I thought it would be fun to share and spotlight members of my family once a week so friends and family can get to know more about us. Since this is my blog and I rule the roost (haha) I'll go first. Hopefully, every Sunday for the next six weeks you'll get to know a little more about my little family and see some old family photos. I'm still learning the scanning thing so the photos aren't that great, but oh well. Here it goes:

Beginnings: I was born September 17, 1972 in Las Vegas, NV. I have three brothers and two sisters. My parents were divorced before I was born so I was raised by my mother. I met Paul when I was 16 and married him on June 20, 1992. Tanner was born in 1993. Madison came along in 1998 and Camryn in 2004. Jaxon is our tail end and was born in 2007. We've been married for over 15 years and I feel that our marriage gets stronger as the time goes by. I love that man and am so grateful for the father, husband, and provider that he is.

Schools-I attended JT McWilliams ES, Gibson Jr. High, and Western High School. I graduated HS in 1990. I attended UNLV and graduated with a BA in 2000. I then went on and received a M.Ed in 2002 and another M.Ed from GCU in 2007 in education. Yes, I'm a fanatic about education!

Work-To help with finances I began working at a daycare when I was 14 and stayed there until I was 21. I then worked for the school district as a teacher's aide until I finished my teaching degree eight years ago. I now teach 4th grade to 30 students at Betsy Rhodes ES and absolutely love it! Teaching is the best job for a parent. You work six hours a day, five days a week, and only 180 days a year.

Things I like to do: shop, watch movies, read true crime books, travel, scrapbook, take walks, swim with the family, love reality TV...my weakness! Doing things with my family is the best.

Don't like: snakes, turtles, chihuahuas, wind, disgruntled people

Happiest moment: birth of Jaxon and Camryn....Tanner and Madison were happy moments one day later!

Saddest moment: death of my sister Patsy

What may surprise you about me: I once wanted to work for the coroner and even applied to work there. I was a lip model once. My sister had a friend in cosmetology school and needed a demonstrator for lipstick and I happened to be there. I broke my toe going to a Kid Rock concert many years ago.

So there is a little about me in a nutshell. I'm certain there is much more, but that's a start!

5 comments:

Melissa D. said...

That is such a great idea. It's nice to know all these new things about you. Looking forward to another "spotlight" on Sunday.

tiffunny said...

That is a fun idea. But turtles? How can you dislike an innocent turtle. That was kind of funny to ready. And who knew we went to the same junior high and high school? Seriously - that was really a fun post to read!

(ok - it just took me 3 times to write the "word verification" thingy right - i really suck at those!)

Kris said...

ok, so when I was a kid one of my mom's friends raised those huge turtles and one bit me on the butt. Scared the crap out of me and since then I do not like turtles.

tiffunny said...

How funny! I love that you got bit by a turtle! Classic! Actually my son got bit by my mom's turtle. He's not too big and he's so friendly, but he thought my boy's finger looked like food I guess. I don't think it hurt, but my boy hasn't forgotten about it and still always talks about how Little Foot bit him - and it's been like a year and a half!! So I guess turtle encounters can be traumatic!!! :)

Heidi said...

What a neat idea Kris!! I loved reading all about you!! You are an amazing woman and I look up to you a lot for what you do for your children and your family. Your mom is so amazing too! I respect you for bringing your kids to church each week by yourself even though I am SURE it is not easy! I loved reading all the random things about you!! Cute idea...keep it up!