Friday, April 11, 2008

Another Quirk


I'm obsessed with feet. Long ago just my own two feet, but now that I have kids I'm obsessed with their feet. Obsessed in the way about cleanliness and the way they look. I'm constantly checking my two little one's feet for hangnails or clipping their toenails weekly. Nighttime feet have to be washed before going to bed and don't even get me started on going outside without any shoes on. That I can't handle. I may have a touch of OCD I'm not sure, but that's one of my quirks for sure. I will never be the one that requires you to take off your shoes in my house because I want to keep the carpet clean. I have a pair of shoes that leave black ink on my feet from the inside soles material. Nope, can't wear them anymore because I can't walk around with black feet. My niece who took the photo (and one of the best photographers I know ;))had no idea about my weirdness about feet so when a friend of mine saw the photo and knew my issues with this subject she of course doubled over with laughter. This is by far one of my favorite photos ever taken because it symbolizes my children being little and me being weird!

7 comments:

tiffunny said...

it's fun finding out more about you. I'm not obsessed with feet, but I've always tried to take pictures like that of my kids and their feet. They don't ever quite turn out. Nothing beats baby feet though!!! I've always wished I could hang a pair of those on my rearview mirror! :)

Melissa D. said...

I love that picture. I am a little obsessed with feet too in that they need to be cleaned before bed and toenails (and nails) being clipped weekly. I must admit I am one to have you remove shoes before coming in my house. I can't stand shoes on furniture or carpet. But that might be the Asian in me.

Kris said...

Melissa, that's so funny because the thought of oils from the feet getting on my carpet and furniture irks me. I'd rather have the dirty soles of shoes I guess! Have you gone to PV yet?

Heidi said...

That pic is so dang cute!! I absolutely love it!!

Melissa D. said...

I am counting down to PV- 2 weeks and 5 days!

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

Ok...I just had to comment on this one too! Are you sure my husband didn't write this entry? He's obsessed with clean feet too. He could just about throw up when he sees someone walking outside w/out shoes! He's constantly chasing after the boys with a wipe to clean off the slightest hint of dirt! That is one of the cutest pics I've ever seen & their feet look spankin' clean!

Kelly said...

Hey Girl, Loved your blog, its great finding out more about you and your family. We are in Draper Ut now, but I come back to vegas a lot, we will have to get together. Love the feet photo, very cool.