Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sorry, no Spotlight Sunday

It's been a long week. Jaxon has had a fever, congestion, and teething for the entire week. A cranky baby is right up there with a sick hubby and not a task I enjoy dealing with. Thank goodness for my mother who kept him drugged and happy during the day until I got home. Today he seemed to be more whiny and his fever was back which put a damper on my day.

My family was then dealt with the upsetting news that my 5 year old nephew was diagnosed with leukemia. It's amazing how life can change your attitude in an instant. I immediately felt guilty about having to "deal" with a crying kid and can only imagine what my nephew will be going through. I then think of his mother and father who just brought their third child into the world in February and imagining the pain they must be feeling to see their oldest child diagnosed with this disease.
We are so fortunate to have the savior in our lives and to know that he will always be with us and help us through troubling times. I definitely hugged all of my kids a little bit more today and apologized to Heavenly Father for my attitude. My thoughts and prayers are with my nephew and am hoping for a quick recovery. If you could, please keep Jake and family in your prayers for me. Thanks!

J family....I love you all.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Thanks Kris...sometimes it takes hearing news like this to put our lives into perspective. Dealing with cranky kids and whining and all the woes of daily living isn't so bad when you think that some people don't have their kids or their kids are sick in the hospital. I will pray for your nephew and his family...Kolby had leukemia when he was 8 years old, so this hits home to us.

april said...

I am so sorry to hear about your nephew and sick baby. We will keep both in our prayers.