Thursday, March 12, 2009

Maddie Turns 11



Happy 11Th Birthday to my first born daughter Madison Patsy, who was named after my oldest sister who died six weeks after she was born. Madison came into the world with a BANG. My easiest pregnancy, but by far the worst delivery. Weighing in at a honking 9 lbs. 10 oz. I was given morphine for three days to help the pain. I was put to sleep for her birth and I awoke when they were wheeling me to recovery. Yes, imagine no epidural to numb the area and nurses frantically injecting me with needles to numb the fire pain of my gut. I went into shock due to the pain and didn't get to or even want to see Madison until the next day.
Any hoo, Madison is 11 years old and such a joy in our lives. When she was younger she was a show off and loved to perform for other people. She started dance when she was 8 and now is professionally trained in jazz, ballet, tap, and others. She has placed first in many competitions and enjoys the excitement of performing and winning.
Here are 11 funny or interesting things about Maddie that maybe you didn't know about:
1. At Thanksgiving she always has to have the turkey leg to eat, that's her tradition.
2. She's never had to taken an antibiotic for sickness since she's never sick. Except for the common cold or the stomach flu, she's been extremely healthy. Although we just found out she may be getting her tonsils out due them being abnormally large and blocking her airway. Yea, no more snoring!!
3. Madison was climbing a slide while at a swimming pool and slipped from the middle rung. She landed on her bum and cried for hours. The bruise that surfaced covered her entire bum cheek.(OK, not funny or interesting, but something that came to mind!)
4. Maddie loves roller coasters and will scream the entire time out of excitement.
5. Madison received a welcome announcement from President Bill Clinton when she was born.
6. She will try any type of food and once tried frog legs, yet did have a melt down once she knew what they were.
7. Madison's mom was her 4Th grade teacher at Betsy Rhodes ES.
8. Madison is terrified of the ocean and refuses to ever go swim in it. She tried snorkeling last year, but didn't last because she was so terrified.
9. Madison is a Great American and just received that prestigious award for it. She earned it memorizing the 50 states/capitals, Declaration of Independence,and other stuff that I went crazy having to listen to her repeat non stop.
10. Madison loves to cook and is always helping me in the kitchen. She makes really good pancakes.
11. Finally, Maddie LOVES to karaoke and does a mean "Livin on a Prayer."

We love you monkey butt and you will always be our little girl.

To celebrate Maddie's birthday I took her to Disneyland for the day since her aunt and cousin were also going to be there. We had a BLAST and I look forward to going again with Jen and Pam. No men, no little kids, and we could pretty much do whatever we wanted. It was fantastic.


Mom, cousin Jen, Maddie, Aunt Pam


For Maddie's birthday we ate at Blue Bayou which is her favorite restaurant. They gave her a yummy cupcake.


We were all on California Screamin'. We all loved the ride except Jen who cried each time we went on it. Notice my right arm...it's stuck between the bars of the arm strap!

There's my Woody! I'm really obsessed with Woody. Really!

Me and my girl. Love her!!!


Maddie blowing out the candles on her cake. Notice Jaxon's head in the background watching Oswald..his favorite show.


That is one good looking and yummy cake. If I do say so myself!!

9 comments:

laurie Carlson said...

Looks like Madison had the best birthday ever! Disneyland looks way too fun!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDIE ROO!

Sanders said...

What a fun Birthday! I can't believe she's 11! Happy Birthday Maddie!

Kimberly Davis said...

You might seriously hold the record for Disneyland visits! Love the Slideshow!

tiffunny said...

I can't believe our Madison/Madyson's are turning 11 already. Crazy! Her blessing pic looks so much like Jaxon for some reason. What a cute kid & it was fun to read about her.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! It looks like you did some fun things for her birthday! I went to Disneyland on my birthday this year too - isn't it great that you get in free???

cathrine said...

Happy Birthday Madison! I still can't believe your 11. What a fantastic way to celebrate! Oh and the cake looks delish :)

Melissa D. said...

The cake looks super yummy. What a fun trip to Disneyland. No hubby's, only one kid...

Heidi said...

Happy belated Bday Maddie!! Disneyland with your mom...what a wonderful birthday memory!!

steph j. said...

Om my gosh, we are on the same schedule, we are thinking of going at the end of April too, so we can end our season on a good note. We don't go in the summer, so we'd like to make it one more time because we probably won't go back till September. My niece's choir group is performing at the end of April so maybe we'll go and see her. Happy Birthday Madison! I can't believe how much she's grown up, what a beautiful girl.