Sunday, March 8, 2009

Disney Days



Yes, our family made another quick trip to Disneyland for the weekend. Madison got to perform there so that was our main excuse for going, plus we got to leave Jaxon behind with Grandma so it was pleasantly different to not have to worry about strollers and diaper bags. Since I'm finding myself to be a Disney coniousseur, here are my top 10 tips for enjoying your stay at the happiest place on earth.

1. Buy a season's pass only if you plan on only going to Disneyland for vacation for an entire year. Our family loves to go to Disney and we will definitely get our money's worth, yet we won't be planning any other trips for a year except to go to Disneyland. Unless you have all the money in the world and then you can do what you want anyways.
2. Never go on a weekend! The best days to go to Disneyland no matter what time of the year is Tuesday-Thursday. Those days aren't half as croweded as the weekends and the lines aren't too bad. Try to never go on a holiday. Ugh...need I say more!

3. Don't splurge on a pricey hotel. How much time do you really spend in the hotel anyways? When I book a room I shop around different websites to find the best deal. I won't stay at a one star hotel, but have stayed at a two star hotel and wasn't hightl disappointed. You pay for what you get, but once again if you're only there to sleep then spending a lot of money for a hotel room is silly.

4. Plan to take your own food into the park. Try to have breakfast in the hotel and pack a lunch to eat while in the park. The food isn't that great and it's very expensive. Remember to pack lots of water since a bottle of water at Disneyland will cost you $2.75. I do splurge on popcorn and churros for the kiddos, plus we will either eat dinner at the park or leave and go to another restraunt.

5. Take a thin sweater or jacket for nightime since the weather does turn chilly at night. You can wrap it around your waist or if you don't have a stroller you can rent a locker for $11.00. Yikes!

6.If money isn't an issue I would experience either Goofy's Kitchen or Breakfast with Minnie at least once. This is character dining and the kids will love it. Both places are about $30 a person to eat so again...very pricey.

7. My favorite place to eat is called the Blue Bayou. This is the dark restraunt that you see when you first get on Pirate's of the Caribbean. I never knew it was there until we tried it last year and now we make sure to go there every single time. You need reservations and it's pricey, yet good steakhouse food. The atmosphere is also fun.

8. Only do the water rides in the afternoon since you will get wet! Splash mountain and the River Bend ride can leave you soaked so it's not a great idea to ride on those rides at night.

9. If you're nursing or mom of a baby check out the Baby Centers. They have quiet, private areas where you can feed, plus change the little ones. You can also heat up milk, food, and buy basic baby needs, if needed.

10. Disneyland will be croweded no matter what. Go with a happy disposition and you'll enjoy your day. People will get in your way, no one will move if you have a stroller, and some people are just dumb. All in all you can have a great time and enjoy the happiest place on earth.

Yes, I'm off to the Magical Kingdom AGAIN next week for Maddie's birthday. Just her and I which should be a blast. Look forward for more exciting Mickey photos.

3 comments:

cathrine said...

looks fun. I too love Disneyland...Matt not so fond.
Thanks for the tips! I'm going to try and take the kids during track break. Your pictures made me want to ride the Pirates of the Carribean. Hey have you guys done the cookie baking at the TollHouse spot. Free and fun and you leave with cookies!!!??

Melissa D. said...

You are so making me want to go back there. Some of the things that you mentioned we do the same (best days, hotel). I never knew they had baby centers. Although that could be that I usually go there when I'm pregnant.

Heidi said...

Wow thanks for the tips Kris!! I have been trying to convince my hubby to go ever since 2006!!! Hopefully sometime soon!