Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm Happy!

Today is a good day....sorta. I'm on vacation for almost three weeks which is always a plus.

I had the great idea to clean out closets since it's starting to get warm here and I want to see what kids can wear what before I go out and buy more. So each room in the house is a complete disaster since I have piles of clothing waiting for me to put in garbage bags.

Camryn is horribly sick with a 104 degree fever along with croup. When she coughs she pukes which makes for lovely messes. Trying to get her to take medicine is miserable unless I bribe her with something.

I'm trying to get at least 45 recipes together to submit for our ward cookbook so I have about fifteen cookbooks spread out and opened all over the family room floor that I have to type up eventually.

I have an endless amount of cords that no one knows what they go to so I've been trying to match ends with ends. Jaxon helps very well with that so cords are strung throughout the house.

I just realized that I sprayed my bathrooms down with cleaner two hours ago intending to clean them, yet never did.
I couldn't begin to tell you the countless messes I've cleaned up that Jaxon has made or the nice bruise on my butt thanks to the kitchen tongs that he squeezed me with.

It's 12:30 and I'm still in my pj's, haven't exercised, fed my kids lunch, and still need to look for the hamster that has been missing since Friday. Luckily, I just sent my mom to the grocery store and had her take the dog to the vet. Eventually, I hope to shower (yea!), pay some bills, take Anna to get a new cell phone, pick up Maddie and then drive her to dance, come home and fix dinner, maybe say hello to the Wii Fit, listen to the hubby's day, pick up Maddie from dance, play with the little ones, and probably help Maddie with homework.

How do you stay at home mothers do this day after day? I so give credit to you all! But, yes it is a good day!

5 comments:

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

See...now I'm on the other end of the spectrum saying "How do working moms fit everything in on top of their job." You guys are the ones who are the Super Moms!

PS - I wouldn't say you're a dork, but how on earth do you have a 2 year old and not know who Thomas is?!? I wish sometimes I didn't, but he pacifies them so I tolerate him. He's growing on me esp since he usually buys me a few extra minutes of sleep in the mornings! Besides, he's WAY more tolerable than Barney any day of the week!!!

Kimberly Davis said...

I can not stop laughing, I'm trying to which one is funnier,the bruise with the tongs or the hamster on the loose.....Hilarious!!!!!!

cathrine said...

You make me smile Kris!
I loved the post and hope Camryn is doing better. You're on vacation....relax..take it easy :)
closets can wait! Do you need recipes???

tiffunny said...

I had to chuckle with the tongs & bruise story. Hilarious!

Heidi said...

Jaxon is crazy!! I love how he pinched you with the tongs! You sound like you are trying to do TOO much girl! Take it easy...everything doesn't need to be done in 1 day! Enjoy your time home with your family...don't stress the things that aren't important. That is my philosophy anyway!