Monday, April 6, 2009

Our life for the past three weeks:

We were busy one weekend laying seed in the grass, painting the house trim, and other yard stuff. Jaxon broke out with this huge rash all over his body and I think it was either from the grass or the fertilizer. It looked like I beat him! Zyrtec (allergy medicine) made it disappear by the next day. What a mess a 2 and 4 year old can make when not being watched like a hawk. I thought I had put all of the markers, crayons, and pencils out of reach but this is what they were caught doing on different days. Stinkers! Because of the cold and wind (yeah, I know it's not that cold) I resort to letting my kids ride their scooters in the house. We have a lot of tile so they get their exercise, plus gives them something to do. Jaxon is hilarious when he rides his bike. For some reason he hoists his leg up the entire time he's riding. Funny kid. I'm hoping the video will show him in all his glory.

For family night we took the kids bowling. Now those that know me well know that I don't go to many places with my little ones. Too hard to deal with so this was their first real outing in a loooong time. Of course, Tanner wasn't thrilled that he had to go, but the kids all loved bowling and especially got a hoot when their dad fell down. Too bad I didn't have my camera ready! Camryn decided she never wants to bowl again either once she fell down on her bottom too. Who knows why Jaxon was on the floor crying. Probably because it wasn't his turn to bowl. Paul and I took advantage of going on a date. We went to a restaurant that he'd heard about from a friend so we thought we'd give it a try. It was called Texas de Brazil and it was yummy! Men are walking around with different cuts of meat on a big skewer that you get to choose from and eat as much as you want. It was pure carnivore heaven!



Madison had her tonsils out! The doctor was so concerned with them being so large that she had surgery 4 days later. That post will come soon

3 comments:

tiffunny said...

wow that is some serious meat on that sword!!! Your life sounds busy but fun!

Amy said...

You have been busy! I let my kids ride their scooters in the house sometimes too. Not my favorite idea but it is better than beating them!

Heidi said...

Wow...where is this meat place at?? We went to something similar to that in Utah...my man loves his meat!! =)
Jaxon and Camryn...what a hilarious duo those two are!! I love their art creations!!