Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Top Ten Loves

My list of loves for the week since my camera remained on the counter throughout my time off:

1. I love that I was able to go back to work. No, I really do love my job as a teacher and so enjoy my class of 4th graders and the people I work with. I do enjoy staying at home (who doesn't) but I know what my commitments are and teaching is one of them.

2. I love Facebook! This is a great website for finding long lost friends from high school, old wards, or prior work locations. It's a blast catching up on what other people are doing in their lives so I would highly recommend it.

3. I love the fact that my husband enjoys cooking and prepared a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner for us. It was just our little family this year and it was a great holiday. I shopped for everything he needed, was there for assistance, cooked a pie, and set the table. That's about it since he did everything else. Thanks Paul!

4. Black Friday is my LIFE! I'm up on Thanksgiving morning by 5 so I can get the paper and start going thru my ads to see what stores I'm going to first. My list is made and the alarm is set for 3:30 AM. This year I only went to two stores due to Paul having to work and still had a great time. I love the rush!

5. I love that Camryn "found" my diamond necklace on the floor that had been missing for over a month.

6. I love that I loved the "cheesy" Twilight movie. But, could they take some of the makeup off of Carlisle and make Jasper not act like he has something up his butt?

7. I love knowing that I'm loved unconditionally.

8. I love wrapping gifts, putting them under the Christmas tree and then having to re wrap them thanks to Jaxon who unwraps them for me.

9. I love the humor of Camryn who ran in the house screaming and crying about snakes being all over the ground when it rained. Of course, I didn't go and check to see, but they were in fact earthworms wiggling all over the ground. Now she won't go outside to play.

10. Finally, I love that one of my 4th graders had to inform me that yes, boy hamsters do have balls, just like humans. Did you know that?

I love my life!!!!!!!

9 comments:

cathrine said...

that was a wonderful post kris!
I love that your husband cooks, and I am so glad to learn something new from your student :)

Melissa D. said...

I had no idea about that with boy hampsters. I thought the same things about the Twilight movie. That's too cute with Camryn and the "snakes". You can tell we don't get a lot of rain here.

Kimberly Davis said...

1. Totally agree about Twilight!
2. Is your husband busy next Thanksgiving?
3. I'll trade your rain for snow.
4. I had no idea you were a teacher....that's awesome.

tiffunny said...

I'll have to look for you next time I'm on facebook & invite you to be my friend. Fun post.

Heidi said...

Okay...next year we are doing Black Friday together!! I hate going alone, it is so much funner to go with friends!!
And your tree was so full of presents already!! I can't imagine what Christmas morning will look like!
I love Camryn...she cracks me up!!!

Sanders said...

I thought hamster balls were the plastic,round things that the hamsters run around in! Geesh, you learn something new every day!

Sanders said...

P.S. I totally love FB too!

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

LOL! And how could ya not know....those things are huge!!!! They're like half their body weight! Well....maybe my hampsters were just frekishly large, but it was something I noticed right off the bat. I certainly didn't have to ask if he was a boy or a girl!

Sounds like you had a good break and I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. May your Christmas be equally enjoyable.

:)

laurie Carlson said...

Krissy....loved your post of your 10 favorite things! You forgot 1 thing....coming to Salt Lake to see me!! Oh, by the way...I didn't know that about boy hamsters...imagine that!!