Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow...in Vegas?!


Yes, for those of you who live in a hole, VEGAS got snow. Not just a little layer on the ground, but actual flurries floating to the ground and sticking. Snow was falling on my way to work and not thinking to properly I wore high heel sandals to work, plus had morning duty outside in the snow. My feet froze and by the time I was back in my warm room I had to take off my shoes and walk around barefoot just to get the circulation going again.

Of course my principal thought it was be an "educational experience" for our students to go and play in the snow. Yea, loads of fun until I have kids crying that their fingers are going to fall off because they are so cold and I'm standing in the snow freezing, hence the shoes, but I did get some fun pictures of my little kiddos.



By evening time the snow was falling pretty good and lucky for me I had to drive across town in it so Madison could perform in a dance recital. It was so beautiful watching the snow fall, but my reverie was broken when the recital was canceled as soon as we made it across town. ;( and yes, I'm a loser for not taking more pictures of the snow coming down, but it was dark and cold!

What wonderful memories my kids will have of wearing our pj's, sitting by the fire, drinking hot cocoas and watching the snow fall outside the window. It was a perfect ending to a long, but exhilarating day. So yes, I'm a bit jealous of those of you who get endless amounts of snow during the winter. I love my heat, but what fun it was to experience the snow. I'm sure other Vegas folk would have to agree.

5 comments:

Sanders said...

I didn't get any pics of the snow! How lame is that? So you almost lost a toe or two huh? We just aren't equipped for the snow here! The only way I would want to live where it snowed a lot would be if I had one of those trucks with the snow-plow one the front of it! :0)

cathrine said...

I have to agree with the memory making. It was sooo much fun watching the huge flakes of snow fall all night. So sorry your toes froze :)

Kimberly Davis said...

You can have some of our snow anytime....Snow is fun for christmas, but only going 20 mph gets a little old....I wish it was warm enough to play in!

Melissa D. said...

I agree. We enjoyed the unusual snow too. I do wish that we could have some again on Christmas.

tiffunny said...

Ditto on the driving across town to a recital (piano in my case) just to have it cancelled once i was 2 minutes away. So i just hung out at Heidi's house for a while since i was in the neighborhood. It was really coming down on your side of town by nightfall!!