Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cheap Times


Want a cheap activity to do with your kids? Go for a walk at night around the neighborhood! Yep, that was our Friday night family fun last week. At least for Camryn, Maddie, and myself. Jaxon freaked out when I tried to put on his jacket so his dad happened to come home just as we were ready to leave so he stayed behind with him. Camryn enjoyed it so that she asks me daily to go walking to see the lights. Have you noticed that every picture I take of her she smiles and either looks to the left or right? Odd one. And yes, her choice of colors are rockin'!




Madison's dance group performed at Cowboy Christmas this past Saturday. Why they call it that...I don't know. It was held at Floyd Lamb Park in North Vegas and was advertised as a fun, get out of the house, jaunt for kids. They had bounce houses, a petting zoo, Santa, an arts and craft table, and even hayrides. All free! Camryn didn't go so it didn't seem fair to stay and enjoy the fun after Madison was done dancing (why lie...the lines were too long and dealing with an almost two year old who's scared of everything is not pleasant.) But, the highlight of the day had to come when I met an actual celebrity. OK, so a Las Vegas celebrity. Don't be jealous....




Yes, it was probably the "cheapest" weekend I've ever had and so much fun. And yes, that's Mayor Oscar Goodman for those of you who have no idea why this thrills me so!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Ha!! How funny! And he doesn't have a martini in his hand...how odd!! =) I almost went to that...too bad I didn't so I could see Maddy dance!! We walk around the neighborhood at least twice a week to see the lights. Fun stuff!!

cathrine said...

You need to let me know next time she dances...I'd love to see her perform. Your baby and his smile are great! Looks like fun. Yeah for your pic with Oscar :)

tiffunny said...

How cool - i like oscar. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Kimberly Davis said...

I think it;s hilarious that your kids posed for pictures in the neighboor's yards - I would totally do something like that while my husband would be screaming at me telling me to get the hell off their yard....

Christina said...

Love the Run DMC music playing in the background. Tyler wanted to dance...

anyways- loved the pics of the family outside on their nightly walk. Kiersten always wants to go outside, but it is too cold for that!

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

Mayor Goodman.....wow, you are livin' large girl - look at ya hangin out with a big celeb! Love Camryn's jacket and Maddy looks so grown up :)

Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas. Oh yeah....ya need to email me your address so I can compile my list for birth announcements....T - minus 2 weeks!!!!

Sanders said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sanders said...

Did the Mayor smell like alcohol? haha! Camryn is reminding me of Punky Brewster or Pippy Longstalking with her vast aray of color choices! Okay, I know I totally dated myself just now!

I luv the Def Leppard on your playlist, I need to add some to mine :0)