Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Fun

It's been a fun and eventful weekend. Friday night was my schools Halloween Howl which consisted of food, a haunted house, and carnival. It was a long day since I started work at 8 AM and finally left work at 9:30 PM that evening! The evening was a blast and the kids had fun. We had an awesome turnout and the best part of it is that our class auction basket won $160 which goes directly to me and my classroom. I ran a booth with another teacher, although many of my awesome parents took half hour shifts to relieve me, so I was able to walk around with the kiddos, play some of the fun games, pet the K-9 dog, and horse, and then treat myself to a yummy Retro Bakery cupcake...OK maybe two.





Saturday morning Madison had to perform at Centennial Hills Day at the Butterfly Park. Kids were able to wear their costumes and Jaxon flat out REFUSED to put his cute Spider man costume on. Camryn looked cute in her bumble bee costume. Madison had to perform at 12 PM and the temperature had to be about 90 degrees. We were roasting! Poor Camryn was wearing all black, I felt so bad but I kept promising her that we were going to the carnival as soon as Maddie was done dancing. Madison's group did really well and I was video taping so I don't have any pictures. By the time we got Madison, loaded chairs and bags into the car, and then walked up and down the hill to the park area...the event closed. Yep, the whole darn community event ended at 1:00 and we'd just missed it. Melt down time for the kiddos occurred until they saw the fun park. We played for a little bit but it was so dang hot that we didn't stay long. We all actually got sunburned!






**Photos of mom,dad,Jaxon, and Madison were taken by Camryn...my budding photographer**

2 comments:

laurie Carlson said...

Looks like Camryn took some great pictures! I love her bumble bee costume!

Melissa D. said...

Camryn is pretty good at taking pictures. How sad that you guys missed the event. I can't believe how hot it has been lately. Hopefully it won't be too hot on Halloween.