Monday, October 13, 2008

About My Day

Hurray for the little things that can turn your days upside down. For those of you who heard,my hubby had a minor surgery late Sunday night. At dinner the previous Saturday he started choking on a piece of meat which then became lodged in his esophagus. He happened to be in Wells, NV deer hunting so when he got home we quickly went to the ER due to him puking every 15 minutes and not being able to even swallow his own saliva (gross!) The doctors gave him medicine to relax the muscles in his throat to see if whatever was lodged would come out. It didn't so he had the emergency procedure Sunday evening at 9:30. Poor baby had to be put to sleep and then his throat was roto rootered to get the nice, piece of prime rib out. Now, he's still in the hospital due to having a fever and a possible infection. But, he's doing much better than before so thanks for the prayers and well wishes.
That was my Sunday and how was your day?

5 comments:

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

Oh my gosh!!!! How frightening is that?!? I can't believe he made it all the way home from Wells like that. Thank goodness it didn't turn out to be worse than it was. Wish him well for us and we hope he's feeling better soon.

tiffunny said...

Yikes! Glad to hear things are okay.

cathrine said...

that is just plain "craziness"! I'm thinking at least he can say it was Prime Rib and not McDonalds :). I'm glad he is OK
That really is a great story Kris.

laurie Carlson said...

Glad to hear your doing okay Pauly Wog! We were worried about you!! Hope your feeling better!
Love, Laurie and the kids

Heidi said...

I had no idea Kris!! I am glad everything is okay, but yikes! I am sure that had to be pretty scary for awhile. Please keep us updated on when he gets out and all. Wow!