Wednesday, June 17, 2009

17 Years and Counting....


WOW! It's amazing to think that Paul and I have been married for 17 years, yet I have known him for 20. Time flies for sure. I can honestly look back on our many years together and realize that I love my husband more now than I did so many years ago. Don't get me wrong...I always loved my hubby, but I think once you get older you realize what you have and cherish it more. We've come along way together and I could get all mushy, yet Paul doesn't read this blog so it doesn't matter what I say. I found some old photos to highlight our life together and thought I would make a list (seems everyone is doing that) of 17 things that Paul and I like or don't like.

1. We love to travel. Selfish as it seems we already have an itinerary planned of where we travel to once our last kid is raised. Planning trips to our latest destinations is something we always do together.

2. We both despise onions and peas. Therefore, our kids don't eat these foods.

3. Disneyland is the one place we always plan to go to. We're there when it opens and stay until closes. Every ride has to be rode on at least once or it wasn't a good day at the park. We've gone every year since we've been married twice or more. You can do the math!

4. Our kids can stress us out, yet spending time together as a family is one of our favorite things to do. Each month we let a child pick an activity that they would like the whole family to do no matter what the expense. We've been lucky and the activities planned have been reasonable.

5. We can spend money like it's water.

6. We love our kids and agree that we made some pretty good looking kiddos.

7. Looking for a new restaurant to try is something we do at least once a month and enjoy immensely.

8. We are hard core carnivores!

9. Dealing with death and funerals make us extremely sad and depressed.

10. Watching a scary movie in bed is one of our favorite pastimes.

11. We enjoy watching the travel channel...with Andrew Zimmerman being our favorite.

12. We enjoy grocery shopping together. Every Saturday you can catch Paul and I at the grocery store.

13. We dislike any type of bug.

14. Our pizza always has ham, mushrooms, and pork sausage on it. Yum!

15. We both are very hesitant to try new foods.

16. We love pedicures!

17. Finally...(this post was really hard)... eating breakfast for dinner is one of our favorite meals.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!!! 17 years is a long time - congratulations :)

Kimberly Davis said...

I have been begging my husband to do a pedicure for years....he won't do it! I'm not giving up! I wish you guys lived close, I could seriously help you in the meat department!!!!!

Hope you had a great anniversary!

Melissa D. said...

I haven't been up on the whole blogging thing so Happy Anniversary! I love reading things about you and the hubby. You guys are too cute together!