Friday, January 2, 2009

Introducing....Jaxon My OCD Child


Those of you who know me well understand where I'm coming from when I call my almost two year old my "OCD" child. Jaxon is definitely a different child who is extremely unique and set in his ways in everything he does. Do I medically think he has OCD? No, he just has some weird characteristics that crack us up and make us go insane with his actions.


For example:

1. Jaxon has always used a pacifier, yet now only uses it when he sleeps. He must have two-three pacifiers with him at all times or he throws a fit and won't go to sleep.


2. When he wakes up in the morning we've done the same routine since he was one. He calls my name, "MA," and then when I go and get him he has to have his pacifiers, a blanket wrapped around his shoulders, and whatever stuffed animal he slept with for the night. Next, we go downstairs and he sits on the couch while I make him warmed up chocolate milk. Once its heated at exactly 45 seconds I have to hold him on the couch while we watch 45 minutes worth of Oswald and Wienie. The pacifiers, animal, blanket, and milk MUST be on his lap. This routine is every single morning. If Paul or my mom try to get him out of his bed he has a fit and refuses to get out. Also, don't forget any of his items or he'll freak.


3. He understands directions. When I tell him we are going somewhere and I happen to go a different way he starts crying and pointing to the opposite way that we should be going. One day he thought we were going to Costco, but I just drove through the parking lot and he had a fit because I was going the opposite way.


4. When he eats at the table he must have a fork and spoon to use. If he's having cereal...he needs a fork.


5. If the telephone is laying on the ground he makes sure that Paul or myself is holding it. If he goes off to play and then notices that we're not holding the phone he stops what he's doing and goes and gives us the phone to hold. This would be the same for the remote to the TV.


6. Bath time is a joy. You can put him in, but don't make him sit in the water. Yes, I do force this issue on occasion since I don't want a smelly butt boy, but he freaks out if you make him sit in the water. When he gets out he must have his towel wrapped around him and he must then lay down on the floor with a pillow and blanket to watch....yep, Oswald. He'll lay there for a good half hour watching TV.


7. Jaxon repeatedly has to call my name to find out where I'm at. Except when I'm at work he won't do it since he knows I'm gone, yet when I'm home if he can't see me then or even if he's playing on the floor and I'm on the couch he still calls my name over and over to make sure that I answer and I'm where I should be.


8. When I'm at the computer (of course, he's right there) he thinks its time to put on lotion. He'll go and get one of my many lotions to put on and he rubs it on him and then on me. Only when I'm on the computer.


9. He doesn't talk really well yet, but is building a good vocabulary. Food and drink= Num. Everything is num. If we're eating dinner....it's num. When the dog is eating....its num. When he wants a snack...he wants num.

10. When Jaxon has socks on he must have shoes on. He'll go and pick out his shoes and kick/scream until we put on his shoes.


Yes, yes I love this child! He's just got some very different characteristics that I'm not used to, but Jaxon is such a loving sweet little guy that I can handle anything "odd" that he does.


8 comments:

Melissa D. said...

That was such a cute and funny post to read about Jaxon. My little Ebin is my OCD child. It's nice to know it's normal to have at least one child who is. Maybe one day I'll do a post with some of his crazy stuff.

Heidi said...

What a funny kid! It must have been something the water at the time we got pregnant because Allie is so dang particular too!! It drives me CRAZY though!!

tiffunny said...

So funny - great way to document it all so you will never forget!!!

laurie Carlson said...

Love that Jaxon!! We all have at least one ocd child...don't we?!?

steph j. said...

I can relate to some of those too. The things we do for our kids. I think my favorite one is not sitting in the water in the tub, glad it's you and not me.

Kimberly Davis said...

It sounds like there's never a dull moment, Love eating ceral with a fork - that's hilarious!

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

What a little character. These will be really funny stories to tell when he starts dating!

Sanders said...

I'm with Jaxon, you never know when you are going to need an extra binkie or utensil! I'm glad that you are firm when it comes to avoiding a stanky butt boy!