Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm Back!

It's amazing to think that February is half way over. Here's a recap on what we've been doing since January 1, 2009.

Snow Day
Many people can't fathom the idea that Vegas gets so stinking hot in the summer, yet come winter time it can get cold. Okay, cold to me is in the 30-40's but who would think that you can escape to actual snow and snow ski in only 15 minutes? We went to Mt. Charleston which is literally a 15 minute drive up the mountain where people do go to ski and play in the snow. Camryn has never seen snow so we took the kids to play for a couple of hours. The girls loved it, yet Jaxon was not a happy camper. He wouldn't wear gloves so he was freezing and wanted to be held the entire time. He was happy sitting in the car drinking his hot cocoa. It was a great and fun family afternoon.





Birthdays
Paul and Jaxon's birthday both fall in the month of January and where do you think Paul wanted to spend his birthday? Yep, Disneyland again. Who can say no to that, but it was a long three days since two year olds at the park isn't my idea of fun. I won't bore you with more photos, but in all of the years and times that I've gone to Disneyland there was one character that I've never seen. Last year I even asked a worker at the park why this character was never out. Lo and behold guess who we see?



Yep, Piglet!! This was a first for me and I was so excited. Of course, the little things do excite me.

Jaxon's Birthday
My baby turned 2!! So sad for me since I'm realizing that I'll never have another child at this age again. For his 2 year old check up I have no idea how much he weighs or what his height is since he refused to cooperate and let the nurse or doctor check any of his vitals. He was sick with the flu during this visit, but I'm guessing he weighs about 22 lbs and is who knows how tall. Here's a funny thing about Jaxon and my mother would DIE if I shared. For some odd and strange reason Jaxon doesn't call my mother grandma or Nana. He calls her...I don't even know how to spell it...rhymes with bike only with a /d/ instead of a /b/. We have no clue what he is trying to say or why he is referring to her as this name, but it's pretty embarrassing especially in church when your two year old is screaming for dike. Gotta love him!
For his birthday we went to dinner at our favorite restaurant, opened presents, and ate cake and ice cream. My sister from UT was in town with two of her kids so we had a fun celebration for him.










I will admit I've been lazy with the camera. Not one photo during the month of February!! I know...shocking. I'll be better. Promise!!!



5 comments:

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

OK...craking up at the last pic with the frosting on his nose - too cute. He's just giving you one big ol'crusty look isn't he?!?

So jealous you got to go to Disneyland AGAIN!!! I'm dying to go there. Glad you had a fun time and you got to see the ever-so-cute Piglett :0)

Melissa D. said...

You guys are so funny about always going to Disneyland. I can't believe your baby is already 2. If that's a Mexican restaurant that you guys are at you'll have to let me know which one. We have yet to find one that we like.

Brandi said...

Love the Disney Electrical Parade music on your site! Makes me want to go back already!

Kimberly Davis said...

I'm with Paul - any excuse for Disneyland!!!!

Your Baby's 2 - mine's 4 and I still haven't lost the weight.....does this mean I can still have more?

Sanders said...

Oh my Gosh! I can just imagine Anna's reaction to being called dike at church and other various public locations! LOL