Thursday, June 5, 2008

What a Week!!!

WOW! The week has flown by with lots of fun and excitement. I'll backtrack a bit. Last Saturday I drove up to Laughlin with Madison and my sis-n-law Pam for a dance competition that Madison had to perform in. Right before I got to Searchlight Pam had just got done telling me to not speed because if you get a ticket in Searchlight you have to go there to pay it. Next thing I know coming toward me was Metro with his lights flashing. Yep, it was for me and he clocked me going 84 in a 60 MPH. I was stressed and poor Maddie was scared to death. Imagine my joy when I got off with a warning! I told him he was an awesome man and went on my way...just much slower. It was fun to have a girls night out. We ate dinner at an awesome steakhouse, went shopping at a Bath and Body Works Outlet, and then saw the movie Baby Mama which was hilarious. Of course I take my crappy camera that has good batteries this time, but I left my disk at home. Madison did awesome! Her group took first place in both performances.

My sister, two of her kids, and her grandson Cole came down for the week. We always have such a good time and are pretty exhausted when they leave. We took the kids to see the dolphins and white tigers at the Mirage. Of course the tigers were sleeping and all the dolphins did was poop so it wasn't that exciting. Plus, it was hot and Camryn had a nice meltdown so we ended that day with a nice dip in the pool at my house.
We also stayed one night at the Mirage hotel. Of course the day we go to swim is the day that it rained so our swimming was cut short. The kids still enjoyed it and the room was very very nice.







Camryn loved her cousin Cole. His nickname is "Cole Train" and Camryn calls him "Cole choo choo train." Too cute! Jaxon was loving him also.



Lastly, I'd heard about this new restaurant called "Dick's Last Resort" at the Excalibur hotel and if you don't know anything about it you'd probably be offended the first time you go. The waiters are actually rude and mean to the customers. If you want napkins or water they pretty much tell you to get it yourself. It's all in good humor, but some things that were said were a little inappropriate for all of the kids to hear and even the adults. They don't give you menus...you have to read the big menu posted on the wall and if you order water the waiter brings you a pitcher of water and some plastic cups for you to pour yourself. The older kids thought it was hilarious and were delighted with the titles of the food on the menu such as "Bonerz" which were rib lets or the "Big A** Burger" or the "Dolly Parton" which was two chicken breasts. Fun place, but be prepared for rudeness and don't take your mother!




The week was a blast and I was so sad to see my sis and her family leave. I love y'all lots and lots. Even if you are David Archuelletta fans!!!

4 comments:

laurie Carlson said...

Thanks for the fun week in Lost Vegas (that's what Cole calls Vegas)! We had a blast! It always goes by way too fast. Our favorite of course was Viva's! The dolphins and tigers were fun, as was our new "Dick's Last Resort. Oh, and by the way.........GO DAVID ARCHULETTA!!
LOVE YOU LOTS.........LAURIE

Heidi said...

Sounds like a fun week with your sis! How did you ever even find a place like Dick's?? Sounds crazy!!

Melissa D. said...

I've never heard of that restaurant before. Sounds pretty interesting. Looks like you had lots of fun.

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

How lucky were you to get off with a warning!! That never happens to me. Looks like you had a fun week.