Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Polar Express

I've always wanted to take my kids to the Polar Express so I finally did it and we drove to Williams, AZ. to ride on the train. LOVED it and I'm wanting to make it a yearly tradition. The kids and myself (Paul was a wuss) wore our pj's and boarded the train around 8:00. They served hot cocoa and cookies and then read the story The Polar Express. Santa surprised everyone by boarding the train and passing out huge silver bells to all the kids. Christmas carols were sung and enjoyed by all. Jaxon was even a trooper, yet he did cry a bit while we waited to board the train. Once he realized that it wasn't a scary ride he was fine. Although dad did tell him to "put his hands up!"









On the way home we stopped at Hoover Dam and took a tour. It's really sad to see how low Lake Mead is and extremely scary to look over the dam and then look up to see the daunting huge bridge.

2 comments:

Amy said...

My sisters have done this and I haven't ever done it. I think that we are going to go next year! Looks like a really fun trip!!!

Melissa D. said...

I have had other friends go and they loved it as well. How much is it? We went to Hoover Dam earlier this year and we were amazed at how low the water level was too.