Saturday, July 5, 2008

Let Freedom Ring!

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Our Independence day turned out great! We swam most of the day playing water volleyball and just enjoying the day. We had a great BBQ with Aunt Pam and Uncle Ray. BBQ ribs, homemade mac n' chees, garlic bread, potatoe salad, and our favorite fruit slush wedding drink. To top it off we then ate a very sweet flag cake. Due to all of the rich food we ate all of us were extremely bloated and miserable the rest of the night, therefore calling it an early night by 9:30.

The fireworks the kids loved. Camryn was a little hesitant about the noise and the sparklers, but dad was able to get her to do one. Jaxon was hilarious! He would stand there and watch as the fireworks went off and laugh hysterically, clapping his hands while bending down with laughter. We were cracking up just watching him! Once some of the fireworks started making loud noises he'd quickly find a lap to climb up on and then just watch. All in all it was a great day being with family, being thankful for what I have, and being proud to call myself an American. Happy Indepenedence day everybody!
 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

tiffunny said...

Sounds like fun. Love the pics of Jaxon as usual. And your description of what he was doing in them makes me laugh too. And yes my hubby got me into Metallica when we first hooked up. I always thought they were "so hard" and next thing I know I was asking for their new album for my birthday when we first got married. Gotta love some of their stuff! But sometimes I have to be in a certain mood for them.

Melissa D. said...

I love all of Jaxon's expressions. All that food that you had sounds so yummy. I was salivating the whole time reading it. Looks like you all had a great holiday!

steph j. said...

Thanks for the tip for the ribs! Do you happen to have your recipe for the homemade mac and cheese? That baby of yours is too cute! How is your sweet Mom doing?

Heidi said...

Jaxson looks adorable jumping up and down! I am excited to have him in nursery soon. Sounded like a YUMMY 4th you guys had! And I agree with Steph...do share this homemade mac recipe. I enjoyed your ribs tip too. I'm hungry now!

Kris said...

Go to my favorite websites on my homepage and click on Paula Deene. Mac and cheese is one of her top 10recipes titled Creamy Mac n'cheese. If you can't get it let me know and I can forward you the recipe. Enjoy!

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

Your cake turned out so cute. Looks delish! So very festive. Glad you all had a fun 4th.

laurie Carlson said...

Great pictures! It looks like you all had a great 4th of July. Remember Sugarhouse Park? We need to go there next year??!?!