Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Joy in the Garden

When it rains...it pours. Just in the past 7 days are the following things that occurred in my household:

*washing machine won't spin ($55 with home warranty or $500 for a new one)
*deep freezer won't freeze (not under warranty so $200 to fix)
*water heater is leaking ($500 for home warranty to fix, $435 for Paul to do)
*pool heater doesn't heat ( $1500 for a new one or $1000 to be fixed)

Then to top it off...
*Camryn needs about $800 worth of dental work done. (Take the kiddies off the bottles early!)
*My camera broke, school clothes to buy, and Christmas is around the corner. Sometimes you feel if it's not one thing it's something else.

Luckily, the washing machine was fixed with the home warranty, I reset the deep freezer (after all of the food thawed out of course) and now it works fine, Paul ended up installing the new water heater (Did you know that in NV you have to have a permit, earthquake straps, and etc. in order to put in a water heater?), and all of the other things can wait for when the money comes down from the trees. All in all, owning a home can be stressful, but I always try and look at the bright side of things. I have my life, my health, and my kids. Oh yea and the hubby ;o)

Here's what happenes when you're trying to post on the blog. Yes, that's Jaxon covered in baby powder as is my bathroom and all of my things. That's what I get for not paying attention, but technically it is Pauls fault for leaving the powder out. Oh well...such is life!
 
 
 
 

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh Kris I hear you on this one! We are feeling the tightness of money right now too and it SUCKS!! But like you said, we have our health (even though to maintain that health they decided to double our premiums and make our coverage worse) and we have a home and our family! Life is a vicious cycle it seems sometimes...money gets tight, everyone penny pinches and sacrifices, then it gets better, then it starts over again. But I know always that tithing is what gets up by.

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

I feel your pain. It's always something isn't it?!? Hey...let me know when & where that money starts falling out of the trees would ya! :)

steph j. said...

That sucks Kris! I'm sorry that you have had to deal with ALL of that. Sometimes it's hard for me to name my blessings and then there comes times like that in our lives that helps us remember just how blessed we really are and makes it easier to "name them one by one"! Can't we be reminded in a more subtle way though? I hope things are better!

steph j. said...

p.s. That is a pretty little garden!

tiffunny said...

Love the pic of Jaxon! Anyways, why does life never want us to get ahead? Everytime we figure out exactly what we need to do and how to accomplish it, something goes wrong with our house too - broken A/C (not a small expense); water leak; new brakes on the car; etc. So we can never get ahead - but at least our head is above water and I guess that's all that counts right? Glad most of your stuff worked out reasonably well and inexpensive!!!

Stephanie Collins said...

You're right...when it rains, it pours!!! I share your pain with the baby powder incident!

Melissa D. said...

I'm stressed out for you just reading your post! It does seem like when it rains, it pours. Love the pics of Jaxon. He is such a cute boy!