Saturday, August 16, 2008

Kudos for the Week

I have many thanks to give out this week. Please enjoy my sarcasm.

1. Thanks to my trusty Kodak camera that died for the millionth time this week. Now I know what I am wanting (getting) for my next birthday.

2. Thanks to CCSD for giving me such a nice, long, extended summer break that lasted seven days.

3. Thanks to Camryn for deciding that dancing isn't for her (she'd rather be a cooker) and saving me money each month. I will miss that leotard though.

4. Thank you to Stephenie Meyer for NOT making Breaking Dawn any longer than it already was. It was hard enough trying to finish this boring book. Sorry fans!

5. Thank you to Viva Zapatas that made my son's 15 year old birthday so fun and festive. The heartburn from all the guac was soooo worth it.

6. Thank you to Jaxon for letting mom sleep in until 7am on Wednesday and not waking her up every morning at 6am yelling, "maaaaaa."

7. Thank you to those cheesy reality shows and the Olympics that have kept my mind turning into jello and giving me a breather after the house is quiet.

8. Huge thank you to my fellow bloggers who directed me in becoming a wiser shopper. I'm proud to say that with all of my savings, making a list, and keeping to it I only spent $99.16 at the grocery store for the week. So much better compared to the $200+ that is usually spent on a Saturday morning.

7. Finally, I give thanks for a marvelous week off just enjoying my kids, eating, swimming in the pool, eating some more, and playing. No sarcasm at all.

5 comments:

tiffunny said...

Love this "kudos" post. You guys must be year round too then like our school. I feel bad for the teachers getting such a short break - and the kids only got 2 weeks (but in all honesty that's fine with me!!).

Heidi said...

Good job with your grocery shopping!! You cut it in half! Amazing!
And I hear ya on the sleeping in til 7...if my kids will just let me sleep til 7, I am MUCH happier than when I get woken up at 6 or 6:30.
Good luck with back to school! Just think "TRACK BREAK". When is the 1st one?? =)

laurie Carlson said...

Okay....what is up with Camryn not taking dance?? Loved the "sarcasms". Have fun at school, and plan on coming to Utah on your next break!! We might even see some ninjas!!!

cathrine said...

Hey Kris, love the blog. Still can't believe Madison is in 5th grade. Send me the email address you want me to use for my blog :)

steph j. said...

Ok two questions, Where is Viva Zapatas, it sounds famillar but I can't remember if I've been there or not and what wonderful friends had shopping tips on their blogs...I want to save money too...as long as I don't have to clip coupons, if that's how you saved the money than I guess I'll just keeping spending the $200+. Thanks Kris for the laughs!